I was born in a small dutch town called Diever. Diever is a nice little town of around 6.000 people situated near the edge of one of the large forests in the Netherlands. I grew up there enjoying school, playing soccer, running in the forests and playing with friends. The forrest influenced my view of Life; it gave me a profound and deep respect for anything living.
I embarked on my educational journey in the quaint town of Diever, where I attended primary school. My academic pursuits then led me to Meppel, where I completed my secondary education with a VWO curriculum. Keen to delve deeper into the sciences, I enrolled at the esteemed Wageningen University, where I studied Bio Process Technology. My particular specialization in Process Automation proved to be transformative. This discipline not only honed my systematic approach to problems but also kindled my creative spark. The principles I grasped in Process Automation have since become the foundational bedrock for everything I have conceptualized, designed, and brought to life throughout my career and personal ventures.
I began my professional journey with Turnkiek Business Improvement under the mentorship of Randy Topp. For eight years, Randy guided me through the intricacies of IT consultancy, imparting invaluable knowledge and expertise. As an ENTJ, he introduced me to MBTI, which profoundly influenced my subsequent endeavors and perspective. Inspired by this experience, I eventually ventured out as a freelance IT Consultant.
Since 2006, I've carved a niche for myself in the gaming industry. Not only have I delved deep into its vast realm, but I've also organized numerous events, provided strategic advice to the Dutch Government on leveraging gaming, and established one of the largest Esports communities. My leadership has paved the way for the formation of successful teams across the Netherlands, UK, Australia, and the US. These teams have clinched numerous national, international, and European titles. Most notably, one of our many teams,
Fariko Impact, achieved the distinction of becoming the first ever official world champions in Call of Duty in 2013.
As I spearheaded team-building initiatives with Fariko Gaming, I unearthed a deep-seated passion for coaching. It wasn't merely about strategy and game mechanics; it was about understanding individuals, tapping into their potential, and synergizing it towards collective success. My coaching philosophy is profoundly influenced by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) framework. Recognizing its value, I pursued and achieved certification as an MBTI Professional. With this knowledge, I now offer comprehensive services centered around both MBTI Step 1, which focuses on understanding and appreciating personality type differences, and MBTI Step 2, which delves deeper into the unique expressions of those personality preferences. My mission is to help individuals harness their innate strengths, improve team dynamics, and ultimately, elevate performance.
As a management consultant or organizational development consultant, I work with clients (organizations or businesses) to improve their performance, primarily through the analysis of existing organizational challenges and the development of plans for improvement. While the specific roles can vary based on the client's needs, some of my core responsibilities and activities include:
- Assessment: Evaluate an organization's current operations, structures, and processes to identify strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Strategy Development: Based on my assessments, I develop strategies to address the organization's challenges or to capitalize on opportunities.
- Change Management: Assist organizations in managing the human side of change when new strategies or technologies are introduced.
- Problem Solving: Address specific issues the organization faces, be it in terms of operations, finances, marketing, HR, or any other department.
- Process Improvement: Streamline and enhance operational processes to boost efficiency and productivity.
- Training and Development: Design and implement training programs for employees to improve their skills, adapt to new processes or systems, and enhance productivity.
- Team Building: Conduct workshops or exercises aimed at enhancing team cohesion, collaboration, and communication.
- Leadership Coaching: Provide one-on-one guidance to organizational leaders to develop their management and leadership skills.
- Cultural Assessment and Transformation: Evaluate the organizational culture and develop strategies to cultivate a desired culture that aligns with the company's values and goals.
- Implementation Support: I don't just advise but also assist as Coach in implementing the recommended strategies or changes, ensuring they're carried out successfully.
- Feedback Mechanisms: Create channels and processes for employees and management to give and receive feedback.
- Technology Recommendations: Suggest and sometimes assist in implementing new technologies that can help the organization achieve its goals.
- Performance Metrics: Develop and set up key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success and efficiency of new strategies or initiatives.
As organizational consultant I have expertise in many industries or sectors, but my core skills in problem solving, communication, analytical thinking, and knowledge of organizational behavior and management theories are transferable across different fields. I often work in collaboration with stakeholders at various levels within the client organization to ensure that proposed solutions align with the organization's vision and goals.